The purpose of this Data Security Policy (“Policy”) is to describe Mesier's security policy
regarding customer information, including without limitation personal information collected and
processed by Mesier's online services.
Specifically, this Policy is intended to identify Mesier's policies, procedures, and auditing and
training practices utilized for data security, and our resulting responsibilities to protect personal
information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Mesier AS provides its customers with online data processing services. In this capacity, we do
not own or control any of the information we process on behalf of our customers; all such
information is owned and controlled by our customers. This customer information is stored in a
secure facility of a third-party independent data processor service provider on hardened systems
using industry standard data security methods. Access to this information is restricted to
authorized personnel only as dictated by operational policies.
Mesier AS also collects personal information from identifiable persons for purposes of product
registration and support, and to complete transactions. This information may be stored on
Mesier's internal computer network or in offline filing systems. Access to this information is
restricted to authorized personnel only as dictated by operational policies.
Approach to Security
The following sections describe Mesier's comprehensive approach to ensuring enterprisewide compliance with its Policy. This consists of four (4) major areas: Security, Personnel
Education, Audits and Contracts.
Security of data is the cornerstone of verifying privacy of data. Mesier AS maintains a rigorous
security posture through focused methodology. It is founded on the implementation of best
practices and security policies in five (5) major areas providing enterprise wide coverage
- Regulatory Controls
- Organizational Controls
- Service Provider Controls
- Standardized Process and Practices
- Business Partner Controls
Key policies in place that contribute to the verification and compliance with the Policy are:
- Awareness and Training
- Personnel Practices
- Administrative Roles and Responsibilities
- Computer, Email and Internet Use Policies
- Network and Telecommunications Security
- Incident Detection and Reporting
- Malicious Code Control (Antivirus)
- Portable Computers
- Logical and System Access
- Physical Access
- Remote Access
- Firewall Management
- Third Party Services
- Software Licensing and Appropriate usage
- Auditing and Monitoring
- Data Classification, Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- Policy Compliance
Operational procedures demonstrating compliance with the Policy are:
- Change Control
- Event monitoring
- Data backup
- System hardening
The above referenced policies and procedures are documented and available for review.
Our personnel consist of employees and contractors.
is done using the following process:
- At least once per year, the this Security Policy is presented and discussed at a companywide meeting.
- This Security Policy is prominently displayed in an a common area of the office.
This Security Policy is self-verified periodically by Mesier's Security Officer. The Security
Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the policies, guidelines, internal procedures, personnel training, and other measures necessary to implement the Policy are developed and put into practice,
- Working with Mesier's legal counsel to ensure Mesier's ongoing compliance with applicable privacy laws and agreements, as well as any of Mesier's other related legal obligations, and
- Overseeing annual assessments of Mesier's internal and external practices to ensure that they conform to the Policy and related company obligations.
In addition, Mesier, through its internal audit processes, conducts an audit of its security
controls a minimum of once per year. This independent review assesses the physical security,
network security and operational policies and controls in place to protect customer data. The
latest copy of the security review is available to customers, personnel and prospects upon
Prior to (i) processing any personal information on behalf of an individual or entity, or (ii)
transferring any personal information, Mesier ASrequires contracts with data security provisions
consistent with by this Security Policy.
As a condition of employment, all Mesier AS personnel must sign a confidentiality agreement.